You have to try this! Naturally sugar free and beautifully moreish, this almond chai panna cotta will leave you wanting more!
600 ml Organic Luz Almond Milk.
400 ml pure cream.
1/4 cup rice malt syrup.
1 teaspoon vanilla powder.
2 cinnamon quills, broken.
3 whole cloves.
5 whole black peppercorns.
8 green cardamom pods, bruised.
2 teaspoons fennel seeds.
2 teaspoons ground ginger.
2 tablespoons english breakfast tea leaves.
15 g gelatin sheets*
Ground cinnamon, to dust
- Heat almond milk, cream, syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns, cardamom, fennel, ginger and tea leaves in a saucepan. Slowly bring mixture almost to a boil, but don’t allow to boil.
- Remove from heat, cover and let infuse for at least 30 minutes
- Strain through a fine muslin cloth or nut milk bag. Discard spices and tea leaves. Return mixture back to saucepan
- Soak gelatin leaves in cold water for 5-7 minutes. Squeeze excess liquid from leaves and add to warm chai mixture
- Place back on low heat and stir until gelatin is dissolved
- Pour mixture into 8 x 125ml serving glasses or lightly oiled panna cotta moulds.
- Refrigerate mixture for 2-3 hours or until set.
- When ready to serve dust with ground cinnamon.
* To make this dish vegetarian, use Agar (an algae derived product) in
replace of gelatin
Your Escape Haven Bali Retreat offers a luxury wellness experience for body, mind and soul
We invite you to experience our award-winning Bali yoga retreat. If it’s time to fill up your cup and reconnect with yourself on a deeper level, we’d love to help you rejuvenate, unwind, reawaken and experience the very best of Bali. Dive into transformational yoga and meditation classes, exhilarating surf lessons in the warm waters of Bali, fun fitness classes and restorative healing sessions. How much or little you do is all up to you.