A fried rice dish made with brown rice, shrimp and pineapple. A wonderful combination of savory, sweet and spicy.
- 1 1/2 cups (uncooked) brown or red rice
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 kg shrimp chopped into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into small chunks
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fresh chili pepper or jalepeno, chopped
- 2 tsp soy sauce (or Tamari if you wish to make this Gluten Free)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- coriander for garnish
- Cook the rice
- Cut a pineapple in half and scoop out to make bowls.
- Cut the pineapple into small pieces and set aside.
- Heat a nonstick wok on high heat; when hot add oil.
- Add shrimp and cook a few minutes until almost cooked though.
- Set shrimp aside.
- Add the spring onion, chili and garlic to the wok.
- stir fry for about a minute, then add the rice and pineapple and stir a few times.
- Add soy sauce or tamari and fish sauce, stir to mix all the ingredients and cook another 30 seconds.
- Place in hollowed out pineapple cut in half lengthwise.
- Garnish with coriander
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
Thanks to our friends over at skinny taste for the inspiration.
Escape Haven Bali Retreat, supporting women on year making wellness experiences.
We invite you to come and experience for yourself our award winning Bali retreat. If it’s time to fill up your cup and shrug off all the roles that you wear and all the balls you juggle in your busy life, we’d love to pamper you. From transformational yoga and meditation classes, to exhilarating surf lessons in the warm waters of Bali, fun fitness in our tropical gardens to restorative healing and pampering sessions, how much or little you do is all up to you.