This weeks recipe comes from the beautiful blog Taline Gabriel, otherwise known as ‘Hippy Lane.’ Taline has taken the instagram world by storm with her beautiful and healthy plant-based creations. She released her first cookbook last year or you can download her recipe app and keep everything on hand in your phone! This is one of her favourite recipes, and for good reason. We hope you enjoy it too.
A beautifully fragrant breakfast, the chia and quinoa really sing with the addition of rose water, orange and maple. Topped with pomegranate, berries, fig and pepita seeds, and you’ve got a fancy café style breakfast waiting to be devoured.
- 1/4 cup (40g) chia seeds
- 1 cup (240ml) coconut milk
- ½ cup (120ml) almond milk
- ½ cup (90g) cooked quinoa, cooled
- ½ cup (120ml) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp rose water
- 4 tbsp extra coconut milk
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- ¾ cup (110g) pomegranate seeds
- 1 fig, quartered
- Handful of blueberries
- 4 strawberries
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp pepitas
- 1 tbsp walnuts, chopped into small pieces
- 1-2 tsp rose petals
- Combine chia seeds with 1 cup coconut milk and almond milk. Mix thoroughly with a fork. Set in the fridge for 30-45 mins.
- Add quinoa, extra ½ cup coconut milk and stir to combine.
- In a small cup, combine orange juice, maple syrup and 1 tbsp rose water. Taste. Add extra 1 tbsp rose water if preferable (do it!)
- Divide chia mix into two bowls and top with extra coconut milk and maple syrups.
- Top the bowls with fruit, orange zest, pepitas, walnuts and rose petals and serve.
Escape Haven Bali Retreat, supporting women on year making wellness experiences.
We invite you to come and experience for yourself our award winning yoga surf retreat Bali. If it’s time to fill up your cup and shrug off all the roles that you wear and all the balls you juggle in your busy life, we’d love to pamper you. From transformational yoga and meditation classes, to exhilarating surf lessons in the warm waters of Bali, fun fitness in our tropical gardens to restorative Bali healing retreat and pampering sessions, how much or little you do is all up to you.