A Bali Retreat allows you to experience a huge array of unique and beneficial spa treatments. While many spa treatments are thought of in terms of the bliss-like state that they inspire, many treatments on the Escape Haven Spa Menu are also highly therapeutic and have a host of incredible benefits for the body. One of our newest and most popular options recently added to the spa retreat menu is Lymphatic Drainage Massage. Not only is this treatment relaxing and rejuvenating, it has special benefits associated with weight loss and detox.
The main task of the lymphatic system is to keep the immune system operating effectively by cleaning and nourishing the trillions of cells that make up the human body. A poorly functioning lymphatic system can affect us in numerous ways, from weakening the immune system and making us susceptible to illness and disease, to holding onto toxins that can prevent us from looking and feeling our best.
Lymphatic drainage massage supports the lymphatic system, helping to remove toxins from the body, expel excess fluid, and shift excess weight. Although we may not realize it, every day our bodies are exposed to literally thousands of toxins- whether it be from beauty products, household cleaning products, processed foods or environmental pollutants. The lymphatic system helps to filter out and eliminate these toxins and counteract the effects of both adverse lifestyle choices and environmental pollution.
Lymphatic massage was first used in the 1930s and has continued to be very popular in Europe, particularly in France where the French women are well aware of the benefits of this effective and enjoyable treatment! Lymphatic drainage massage comprises of a series of long, gentle, rhythmic, flowing strokes along the surface of the skin. It is a full body technique that is done by specialized trained professionals to ensure the most effective results.
This style of massage has been associated with detox and weight loss since its inception, despite its initial use being to relieve swelling and fluid retention in the body. The reason this kind of massage is a great way to assist weight loss is that it improves the body’s circulation, which stimulates metabolism and helps facilitate the removal of toxins and waste products.
Toxicity plays an enormous role in losing weight and keeping it off. When seeking optimal health and bodily functions, the lymphatic system has to be addressed. A sluggish lymphatic system has been linked to cellulite and fatty deposits underneath the skin caused by trapped toxins. When the lymphatic system becomes blocked or begins to slow down, all of the toxins that your body would normally dispose of are soaked into other organs which can cause other harmful health conditions, including but not limited to, weight gain.
If you have a slow working lymphatic system, then you will likely also have a slow working metabolism which can stunt all work towards weight loss. Our lymphatic system circulates on average three times a minute. When you receive a Lymphatic Drainage Massage, the lymphatic circulation increases to 30 times a minute. The effects continue to last long after the treatment and help to boost your body back into gear and function effectively ongoing.
Many women have found that lymphatic drainage massage efficiently supports their efforts towards weight loss and weight maintenance. Not only does lymphatic massage help with slimming, it is also known to tone the body, detox the liver, reduce cellulite, reduce swelling and fluid retention and improve digestion.
Even better news is that lymphatic drainage massage has an even more diverse list of benefits! Here are some additional reasons to give this treatment a try:
- It is a great way to relieve stress and anxiety as it has a sympatholytic response. It puts you into a calmer state as it sedates the fight or flight stress response in the body, restoring balance in the nervous system promoting a feeling of deep relaxation.
- It promotes a number of anti-aging benefits which go back to the core of the treatment. In detoxifying the body of fluid it also removes excess cell debris, excess protein, excess long-chain fatty acids as well as B&T lymphocytes and inorganic substances.
- Since it stimulates lymph flow, it helps enhance the immune system. By delivering more antigens to the lymph nodes, massage can relieve the symptoms of several common illnesses, such as sinusitis, bronchitis, tonsillitis and laryngitis.
- It can also relieve pain. In cases such as fibromyalgia, it can remove the stagnant fluid that can affect pain receptors. It can also reduce muscle spasms, which can also cause wide-scale muscular pain.
- Assist with skin disorders, such as acne, rosacea, eczema and seborrhea.
- Supports and lessens the symptoms of issues related to metabolic functioning, including fatigue, sleep disorders, chronic pain and stress.
- Helps with common gastrointestinal issues, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), celiac and Crohn’s disease.
- More than just fixing your insides, it can help to beautify your physical appearance as well! Since it promotes tissue regeneration, it eliminates scars, stretch marks and wrinkles in face and body as well as reduce puffiness in the face, eyes and extremities.
At Escape Haven we are excited to offer this specialized treatment and know first hand the positive benefits and results that this massage offers. Secure an appointment upon booking your Bali yoga retreat, or schedule once you arrive. View our full spa retreat menu here.
Your Escape Haven Bali Retreat offers a luxury wellness experience for body, mind and soul
We invite you to experience our award winning Bali retreat. If it’s time to fill up your cup and reconnect with yourself on a deeper level, we’d love to help you rejuvenate, unwind, reawaken and experience the very best of Bali. Dive into transformational yoga and meditation classes, exhilarating surf lessons in the warm waters of Bali, fun fitness classes and restorative healing sessions. How much or little you do is all up to you.